Eric Laboureix, French acrobatic and artistic ski champion, was born in the town of Lyon, France, in 1962
Throughout his flamboyant career he had 34 World Cup victories, won the Freestyle Ski World Cup
(general classification)5 times, and was 4 times winner of the Freestyle Ski World Cup earning him overall a total of 9 crystal globes.
His sporting career over, he remains involved in the world of competitve sport, as a consultant, athlete manager and service provider for the French Ski Federation.
Along with all his sports related activities, in 1992 he created the ELPRO group which over time became "ELPRO Ski School & Outdoor", "ELPRO Ski Shops" and "ELPRO Event", with 4 sports stores and 2 Sportswear shops, two ski schools and many outdoor activities in the various villages of La Plagne.
But the story does not end there, Eric Laboureix joined the Decathlon group in 2006 and with Dominique Chomarat went on to create the Skimium brand, the well known ski rental store
Together with Dominique Chomarat and Guy Belec managing director, he bought in 2016 shares in Décathlon and Eric Laboureix was appointed chairman of the supervisory board.
Major dates in the history of the EL PRO group :
- 1992: Creation of the ELPRO brand with Snowmobile Treks, Athlete Management, service provider for the French Ski Federation, consultant to the French TV channel Antenne 2 for the Albertville Olympic Games,
- 1993: Opening of a Ski School / Mountain Sports office (Snowmobile, Snowshoeing, Paragliding) in Belle Plagne and developing Seminars on Incentive, Event organization (South Radio tour, Go Sport tour, Parc des Princes ...)
- 1994: Eurosport consultant for the Lillehammer Olympic Games
- 1995: Acquisition of a first sports store in Belle Plagne
- 1997: Creation of Adventure Course at 2100 metres above sea level (the 6th adventure courseto be set up in France) development of the Mountain Sports office (Moto Trial and Quad), obtaining tourism certification
- 2006: Creation of the Skimium brand in a joint venture with the Oxylane / Sanglard Sports / ELPRO groups
- 2007: Acquisition of a second sports store in Plagne Bellecote
- 2009: Acquisition and creation of the Superdry concession in Belle Plagne
- 2010: 150 Skimium stores nationwide
- 2012 : 230 Skimium stores nationwide.
- 2013: Opening of a sports store in Plagne 1800 and a sports store with an innovative concept in Plagne Centre
- 2016: Opening of a 110m² fashion boutique in Plagne Center: Napapijri, Superdry, purchase of shares in the DECATHLON group and appointment of Eric LABOUREIX as chairman of the supervisory board.
- 2019: Opening of a Sun Valley boutique in Plagne Centre
- 2021: Openning Of the First Decathlon Mountain in Resort, in Plagne 1800